THE 12th ANNUAL
WORLD’S BEST RICE CONTEST 2020
Please note that the following are required to enter the 12th Annual World’s Best Rice Contest 2020:
- 2Kg samples per one rice type need to be sent to The Rice Trader Head Office.
- Description of rice: 200-words write up about the rice including specifications, description, origin, cooking guide, special storage. (as applicable) This write up will accompany the rice for display during the contest. Please make sure the write up is ready for printing and/or online use.
- Entry form and Contest Agreement. Click here for the *manadatory* entry form to be filled out.
- Registration fees: US $1,000/type.
- Submission Date: no later than November 15th 2020.
- Results date: December 2nd, 2020.
The rice tasting contest will be conducted by a selection of international chefs who will inspect the visual aspect of the rice submitted, as well as perform a sensory evaluation of the rice (pre-cooked and cooked). The results will then determine the winning entry, as well as any entries that deserve special mention.
Contestants need to submit 2Kg samples with detailes of what type of rice, etc. to us prior to the event. A panel of chefs will judge the entries and decide upon the winner, as well as any rice that is worthy of special mention. Samples and write up are entitled for the World’s Rice Contest Organizer to use for its related activities and promotional purposes.
Submission is only qualified with Entry form and Contest Agreement authorized by the Contestants’ organization as mandatory.
For advance submissions, please provide the following details by email to email@example.com
Description of rice (please keep within 200 words)
Past winners of the contest include:
- World’s Best Rice 2019 Winner: Vietnam ST25 rice.
- World’s Best Rice 2018 Winner: Cambodia Jasmine.
- World’s Best Rice 2017 Winner: Thai Hom Mali.
- World’s Best Rice 2016 Winner: Thai Hom Mali.
- World’s Best Rice 2015 Winner: U.S. Calrose.
- World’s Best Rice 2014 Joint Winners: Thai Hom Mali and Cambodia Jasmine.
- World’s Best Rice 2013 Joint Winners: Cambodia Jasmine – Cambodia and California Calrose – U.S.
- World’s Best Rice 2012 Winner: Cambodia Jasmine – Cambodia
- World’s Best Rice 2011 Winner: Paw Son Rice – Myanmar
- World’s Best Rice 2010 Winner: Thai Jasmine Rice
- World’s Best Rice 2009 Winners: Thai Jasmine Rice